Everyone dreads the though of trying to log into Flickr or checking their email on Yahoo! but for some reason, can’t access their account. If your password doesn’t work when you log in, your account might have been stolen. Fortunately, Yahoo! provides an easily accessible method to regain control of your account stolen yahoo account quickly. The only information you must prove is that you are who you say your are and not the intruder.
Step 1: Enter Yahoo!’s Password Helper wizard and enter your Yahoo! ID.
Step 2: Verify your identity by answering the security question, such as your mother’s maiden name or your childhood here. The question is selected when you first created your Yahoo! account.
Step 3: Change your account password once you have verified your identity to regain control of your account from the intruder.
Step 4: Contact the Yahoo! Security Department by email at email@example.com if you still cannot access your account. Yahoo! will only be able to help you if you successfully verify your identity.
Signs that your account might be stolen:
- Changes have been made to your account information.
- There are logins from locations you do not recognize in your Login Activity page.
- Your Yahoo Mail account is sending spam.
- There are messages in your sent folder that you never sent.
- You are receiving multiple failed delivery messages.
- You aren’t receiving expected emails.